Job Title : RF Field Technician
Job Code : RFCD12121004
Harris RF Communications is the leading global supplier of secure radio communications and embedded high-grade encryption solutions for military, government and commercial organizations and a leading supplier of assured communications systems and equipment for public safety, utility and transportation markets, with products ranging from the most advanced IP voice and data networks to portable and mobile single- and multiband radios.
Job Description :
- Repair & maintain P25 simulcast trunking public safety radio communications systems within the York County, PA area
- Be part of an on-call maintenance services rotation with strict 2 hour response time commitments
- 10 years maintaining public safety radio systems
- Assoc. degree or military training in wireless communications
- Proficient with Communications service monitor, Oscilloscopes, DVM, Transmission line analyzers, wattmeter.
- Posses own basic tool kit. (Screwdrivers, sockets, wrenches, etc)
- Be able to respond to service requests in York County, PA within two hours
- Possess a valid drivers license and be willing to travel frequently within the local area
Preferred Additional Skills :
- P25 training & 2 years experience
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's license (or APCO or NABER equivalent).
- Cisco Training or Microsoft Networking training / experience.
- Five or more years of direct Land Mobile Radio experience on trunked radio systems. Prefer trunked radio experience to be on Harris systems.
- Networking Experience
- 2 years Simulcast systems installation and maintenance experience
- Good verbal communications
- Highly motivated
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial...