The initial job focus will be conducting field and shop test projects with the field testing team. This includes setup, maintenance, fabrication, assembly and evaluation of test vehicles and products. This will include working within the program teams to deliver accurate data for knowledgeable decision making.
After one calendar year experience (min.) with the Field Test team, transition into an Associate Development Engineer role within the Development team. The job expectations will then be set as an Associate Development Engineer with a focus on system and component level design, testing, validation and release into production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Phase one - Snowmobile Field Testing Team - Field Test Driver / Associate Development Engineer
Phase two - Snowmobile Development Team - Associate Development Engineer
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating various power sports vehicles.
- Must have mechanical working knowledge in most areas of power sports vehicles.
- Must be able to operate and evaluate test vehicles according to established safety, durability and performance standards.
- Must be able to safely operate recreational vehicles at high speed and for extended periods of time.
- Gather and summarize pertinent validation data on systems, components and vehicles in the field environment.
- Complete daily logs & upload field data acquisition files in a web based system on a daily basis.
- Provide evaluation and feedback on all assigned projects, including systems and components on existing and prototype models.
- Possess ability to utilize testing hardware and software including digital communication devices and Racepak hardware
- Possess ability to analyze test data and make recommendations for change.
- Perform specific tests and offer recommendations for solutions to field problems, design improvements, cost reduction, performance, etc.
- Must be willing to accept assignment changes and maintain a positive attitude toward change.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices insuring all OSHA requirements are met. Provide a safe working environment.
- Willing to test remotely for extended periods in USA & Canada. Travel +/- 25%
- Performs other assignments as requested.
Skills and Knowledge
- Work with project teams to create vehicle and component level development/validation plans
- Ensure development/validation plans are properly executed in a timely manner
- Prepare and present status reports of system and component development/validation throughout the product development cycle
- Support project teams in determining development/validation issue root cause, providing feedback and potential solutions
- Ability to instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, etc.
- Operate test hardware and software including Racepak and Somat products
- Write, perform and manage test requests using existing procedures and guidelines
- Focus on utilizing existing development/validation procedures while working to develop more effective and efficient procedures for future use
- Use reliability methods to develop system and component level durability goals
- Train and mentor others in development, validation and testing methodologies
- Travel < 10%
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- High mechanical aptitude
- Welding and fabrication abilities a plus
- 3+ Years snowmobile riding experience desired
- Experience in data acquisition desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, committed to quality and timeliness in your deliverables
US - Roseau, MN
4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required
0-1 years experience
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 5,300 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2013 sales of $3.7 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Polaris Industries - 8 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...