Assists cook and fills in for cook in the preparation and serving of food to the residents. Prepares salads and desserts according to the prescribe diets. Prepares, serves, and stores food using proper santiation methods. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of kitchen area.
Essential Job Functions:
Assist cook in preparing meals according to prescribed diets.
Labels, dates and stores leftover food.
Sweeps and scrubs kitchen floor.
Stores and dates all new food and supplies
Rotates stock and maintains sanitation and safety standards in all storage areas
Washes pots and pans
Prepares daily menu items - desserts, salads and fruit cup
Follows schedule for prep work on a daily basis
Completes scheduled cleaning list that is posted
Cleans and sanitizes work area daily, cleans any spills immediately
Knowledge of therapeutic diets
Other duties as assigned
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently bend, twist and reach.
- Alternate between standing and walking.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Exposure to cleaning agents and/or chemicals.
- Exposure to humidity, heat and some hot equipment.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to enter the job.
- Food service experience or classes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to be trained further within the nursing home and through outside sources.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities required to competently perform the job.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets.
- Food safety and sanitation.
- Ability to plan and organize work effectively.
- experience in quantity cooking strongly preferred.
Woodside Senior Communities - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -