The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
The Finance/Billing Associate position resides in the Corporate Finance Office and reports to a Finance Director for one of the Program areas. The Finance/Billing Associate provides financial and administrative support for moderately complex to complex financial activities in the areas of billing, accounts receivable, project cost transfers and project closeouts.
• Develop a complete understanding of all billing related terms and conditions for assigned projects. Monitor for contractual modifications that affect billings and payments. Develop billing schedules for all projects not billed monthly based on actuals. Document billing details and idiosyncrasies in Deltek Costpoint.
• In a timely manner following each month end close or as otherwise assigned, prepare billing packages including all applicable backup, obtain approval from the appropriate Project Director and Finance Director, and submit the packages directly to clients.
• Monitor cash receipts associated with billings, expedite all that are not paid within contractual payment terms, document activity in Deltek Costpoint; update monthly (minimally).
• Research and document unbilled receivables balance for all assigned projects; keep current on a monthly basis.
• Establish project closeout file and analysis upon project inception, maintain throughout the life of the project, finalize upon completion of the project and submit to Project Quality Services for submission to client.
• Reviews monthly Deltek CostPoint financial reports and project financial records for inconsistencies and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, to ensure all expenses are allowable and billable and for the accuracy of project and accounting codes; initiate cost transfers as necessary.
• As requested by the Project Director, work with consultants and subcontractors to maintain currency of their billings. Assist with processing payment as requested.
• Troubleshoot any issues arising during the billing process, which may include access issues, client information corrections, billing adjustments, proper application of cash, etc.
• Demonstrates a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and prioritizes customer needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics is required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in federal government environment working in the areas of billing, collections and project cost control.
• Basic knowledge of federal government cost accounting principles and Federal Acquisition Regulations, and various contract/agreement types is required.
• Fine attention to detail, the ability to deal with confidential information, high level of proficiency in Deltek Costpoint and Microsoft Excel is required.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines is required.
• High level of initiative and ability to work independently as well as part of a team is required.
• Good written and oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills are required.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...