Provide professional financial analysis and accounting support within the PROaccess accounting area. Support the consolidation of operating and financial projections for the development of financial and business plans. Support the recording and monitoring of actual financial results against prior year, budgets, plans, or forecasts. Assemble documents or analysis information in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, estimates, reports, or tax data. Provide analysis to support business decisions. Perform responsibilities in compliance with all applicable guidelines, regulations, and professional standards. Perform special projects as needed. |
- Support planning processes (estimates, budgets, intermediate-term plans) for PROaccess affiliates. Assist in the evaluation of underlying assumptions and variance explanations, and assist in identifying areas of risk to the Company. Collaborate with other Finance staff to provide planning consistency and identify relevant opportunities across various teams. Work with PROaccess team members to gather and communicate financial impact of business operations to management. Assist with developing planning sub-models and other tools to enhance planning and reporting processes.
- Participate in the review and reporting of monthly and quarterly financial actual information in order to ensure accuracy or identify problem areas. Provide assistance in the analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial actual results against prior year actual results, budgets, or plans in order to ensure accuracy of financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, etc.), help identify problems or issues, and recommend solutions.
- Consult with PROaccess Finance management about accounting policies and procedures, relevant financial information, technical accounting issues, or analytical and modeling support. Assist in developing proposals that improve the quality and treatment of financial information and decision-making. Coordinate adoption of any accounting or policy changes with PROaccess affiliates.
- Provide analytical support as requested by various areas such as PROaccess leadership, North America leadership, Planning, etc. to enhance the value of Company investment. Assist in modifying / updating financial reports and presentations (balance sheets, income statements, currency impact, profitability reports, cash flows, various metrics, etc) utilized by analysts, Finance Managers, or other business groups for both regular scheduled activities as well as ad hoc projects.
- Assist in providing training to PROaccess team members on accounting and analysis policies and procedures. Assist in reviewing and refining current procedures to gain efficiencies in financial operations, especially around processes related to consolidation.
- May provide input and support of financial systems design and development efforts. May provide input for improvements or request changes needed to support changes in the business structure. Participate in review and testing of financial system changes.
- Assist in ensuring internal and external financial controls are incorporated in work products, including Sarbanes-Oxley testing and compliance efforts.
Utilize knowledge of complex known variables (price, volume, programs) and quantification of unknown variables (weather, government influences, economic conditions, etc.) to analyze actual results, estimates, and budgets for the business. Analysis and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual actual information is routinely expected in order to identify financial problems or potential issues of non-compliance with internal / external guidelines or regulations.
There is often urgency in problem resolution, especially during the close process. Together with the potential complexity of issues that arise during the close process, requires an individual who can work under stress and is able to provide creative solutions and accurate information in an efficient manner.
Frequently make decisions related to prioritization, since there are multiple tasks to be completed at the same time. This requires the ability to determine the urgency of special requests / problems in relation to regular job functions. Problem resolution and follow-up are time-sensitive when directly impacting the ability to complete job functions
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related area. CPA or Master’s Degree preferred.
2 – 5 years of broad corporate or public accounting experience.
- Technical / Functional Expertise: Professionally competent in a functional or technical area of expertise. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Stays current on changes, new ideas, and concepts.
- Communication: Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills. Presents information and ideas to individuals or groups in a clear, organized, and articulate manner. Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Interpersonal: Interacts and relates well with all kinds of people. Contributes as a team member. Builds relationships and demonstrates genuine interest, sensitivity, respect, and understanding towards others. Listens and considers the ideas and suggestions of others. Uses diplomacy and tact with the ability to diffuse tense situations comfortably.
- Business Expertise: Knowledgeable about business trends, practices, policies, and practices that affect and impact the business and industry.
- Analytical: Ability to analyze business issues and trends and corresponding options / solutions; applies financial models / methods and rigorous logic to uncover hidden issues. Ability to think creatively and systemically to identify new ideas and see the whole picture.
- Influence / Negotiation: Communicates information in a way that gains acceptance and commitment. Ability to sell self and ideas. Ability to persuade others in a way that impacts decisions and actions. Skillfully negotiates tough situations without hurting relationships. Ability to settle differences in a diplomatic manner.
- Understanding of accounting and finance, including working understanding of income statement, balance sheet, cash flow preparation, and GAAP accounting concepts
- Skills in use of personal computer and financial software applications (Excel, Essbase, SAP, Hyperion)
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple diverse activities at any given time
Pioneer - 23 months ago
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...