With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The finance department is responsible for accurately reporting the financial position of the company on a monthly and quarterly basis. In addition, the finance department is responsible for establishing operational controls related to financial activities and preparing the fiscal budget for which the company is measured against. Finally, the department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
High Level Job Description:
Assistant to the SVP of Finance including all related administrative responsibilities. Additional responsibilities include providing efficient administrative support to the Finance Department while professionally multi-tasking Accounts Payable duties, marketing budgets, promotion guidelines, T&E, procurement and charity.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Department including, but not limited to answering the Senior Vice President of Finance’s phone lines and preparing monthly expense reports.
- Support other departments and label assistants with their division finances on an as-needed basis
- Prepare budget and T&E reports for label department heads.
- Prepare budget and current summary reports for current and catalog album releases that are submitted to Warner Music Group international offices.
- Update, Monitor, and periodically reconcile the yearly charity budget with the general ledger
- Organize, coordinate and submit Atlantic priority payment requests to our Accounts Payable Division for processing.
- Liason with corporate travel agency on behalf of the east and west coasts to ensure compliance with corporate policy and guidelines
- Maintaining employee set up and inventory of the PMDJ system.
- Make copies, type correspondence and schedules for Finance Department.
- Track and organize World Wide Sales data for current and catalog releases
- Handle employee and management plaque requests
- Research invoices in process and track payments upon employee request
- Extremely organized
- Customer Service
- Goal oriented and highly motivated
- People Management skills
- Anticipate and resolve challenges and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, SAP, Outlook
- Internet savvy
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 8 months ago