Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, financial and risk management. With 14,000 associates around the world, we offer solutions in the areas of employee benefit programs, talent and reward programs, and risk and capital management.
As the Finance Coordinator you will serve in a key role as the face of the finance function. You will apply a deep understanding of the entire financial process in order to help our office leadership manage the business, while minimizing the amount of time management spends on financial administrative matters.
o Provide sales/Target Market support, which may include forecasting and sales-focused analyses
- Suggest and develop streamlined techniques for providing timely information to leadership resulting in improved client service
- Responsible for profitability modelling at a local office level and reviewing Requests for Proposals, as needed
- Responsible and accountable for providing analytics on TW financial reports, TW operational and metric reports (Enterprise Performance Management and Oracle Answers) and Target Market reports and strategies
- Accountable for ensuring all controls are being properly followed in the office, and identifying areas where the controls may not be effective or are non-existent
- Work with auditors during SOX and other audits and develop remediation plans, which may be presented to the Audit Committee
- Assist with the design, roll-out and training associated with financial systems, processes and/or procedural changes, as needed.
- Managing Consultant and Account Director Support
o Client business advisory support
- Provide support on the management representation letter process
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the budget/forecasting processes, at the local office level, when necessary.
- Recognize and communicate potential issues to team leader as appropriate; suggest viable solutions for improvement
- Develop positive relationships with other associates in the office needing financial support, such as project managers, senior consultants, and office function leaders.
- Serve as the primary representative of the finance function at the office level and at business functions
- Be the change leader in the office for new finance initiatives.
- Responsible and accountable for the accuracy of the office financial reports
- Responsible for some billing processing functions. Understand billing transactions and the implications of these transactions on the financial reports
- Provide support on complex project code setup and non-standard terms and conditions
- Serve as the office expert who provides analytics to office leadership
- Must be an active member of the finance leadership team and be able to participate in office, region or company-wide initiatives and tools, when necessary.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of TW are considered property of TW and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for TW, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized TW recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, If the candidate submission process is not followed, o agency fees will be paid by Towers Watson. Towers Watson is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- 2+ years of experience in financial operations focusing on financial reporting and analysis
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred
- A solid understanding of the leverage models required for pricing and profitability analytics
- An understanding of both Net Accrual Revenue (NAR) and Target Market Revenue concepts
- Strong analytical skills and be able to apply business knowledge to effectively produce variance reports or forecast/financial analytics
- Deep understanding of the business as well as the finance functions to ensure the finance function continues to support the business as it changes
- Strong understanding of SOX controls and general internal controls and how they relate to the TW financial processes.
- Deep understanding of the components of the financial reports, such as the detail of what makes up NAR and how expenses are defined as well as a good understanding of general accounting principles
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Ability to drive change to improve efficiencies
- Ability to become a trusted business advisor
- Able to learn internal accounting/reporting systems and other tools
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or business.
Towers Watson - 11 months ago
Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk...