Think about an internship where you get the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real life environment. Cargill Business Units operate as an independent entity with their own accounting and finance staff, so you get the chance to work with a variety of personnel types including supply chain, sales and operations. We develop our internship program so the intern becomes an active member of the team with real work experience. Our internship program is the main source to fill our full-time entry-level finance jobs!
Communication Methods to Accomplish Key Areas:
- Daily work similar to an entry-level accountant or financial analyst at Cargill.
- Apply accounting and finance skills by participating in cross-functional teams within your department.
- Analyze financial statements to support expense control, accurate reporting and effective investment management.
- Work extensively with our systems and tools to perform analysis and provide insight and recommendations for improving business performance.
- Participate in a wide variety of projects that will broaden and deepen your knowledge of Cargill.
- Exposure to the "big picture" of Cargill with networking opportunities throughout the internship.
- Participate in Intern Forum; an event held at Cargill Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN designed to orient you to Cargill, meet interns from across the country and network with Accounting and Finance professionals.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, even when outcome is uncertain.
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills; working in a team environment; coaching and developing others.
- Displays the essential leadership qualities of integrity, conviction and courage.
- Motivated and driven to succeed.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Quick integration into the business through clear work expectations and responsibilities.
- Team oriented, fast-paced and hands-on.
- Plant or office setting.
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Relocation mileage reimbursement to and from internship location is reimbursed.
- Day to day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Various U.S. locations, but most internships are based in the Midwest.
- Travel approximately 10% or less.
- Finance Internships at Cargill Internship's require a Finance Degree.
- The majority of recruiting and interviewing will be done during Fall 2012.
- Juniors currently enrolled in an accredited Finance degree program.
- Must be graduating between December 2013 and August 2014 and be eligible for full time employment at that time to be eligible for an internship
- Overall 3.0 GPA.
- Ability to relocate.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Overall 3.2 GPA
- Previous Accounting or Finance Internship
Cargill Internships - 17 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...