Warner Music Group Description : With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The finance department is responsible for accurately reporting the financial position of the company on a monthly and quarterly basis. In addition, the finance department is responsible for establishing operational controls related to financial activities and preparing the fiscal budget for which the company is measured against. Finally, the department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
High Level Job Description : Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial statements, testing company-wide compliance with WMG’s internal controls, forecasting various areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet and preparing various ad-hoc analysis.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities :
Required Competencies/Skills :
- Review financial statements on a monthly basis, summarizing and explaining the variances between the actual results and projections. This includes P&L reviews and comparisons, analytical review of all revenue streams, margin costs, marketing and overhead.
- Preparing the monthly reporting packages submitted to WMG and Atlantic’s CEO. This package includes a discussion of the financial results and various types of analysis for each area including sales, licensing, cost of sales, A&R costs, marketing, overhead, balance sheet, and cashflow.
- Contributing in the preparation of the annual budget, monthly forecasts submitted to WMG, and weekly internal financial projections.
- Reviewing Joint Venture participation statements prepared by Warner Music Group Services for issuance.
- Monitors actual spending on A&R costs and related write-offs vs. budget and forecast for records only and New Model 360 deals.
- Facilitating the quarterly review and annual audit conducted by external auditors. Preparing all analysis necessary and overseeing all aspects of the audit.
- Quarterly testing Atlantic’s compliance with WMG internal controls policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling companies overhead. Assist in ensuring that actual overhead charges are properly accrued and stated
- Special assignments / ad-hoc analysis
Special Requirements/Preferences :
- “Big Picture” thinking combined with an ability to understand details
- Strong analytical skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Effective communicating skills with executives
- People Management Skills- “Team Player” mentality
- Budget Skills
- Goal Oriented
- Minimum 5 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of Music Industry experience
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience required
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Warner Music Group
- 2 years ago - save job