Finance Manager – Investments Finance – Global Merchant Services-13007922
Global Merchant Services is the merchant acquirer, processor and marketing partner for the millions of merchants around the world who accept American Express Cards. The Investments team will lead a variety of critical global financial functions in support of the investment decisioning for the Global Merchant Services organization and will directly support the GMS CFO from an investment management perspective. The Finance Manager - Investments will have primary responsibility for the optimization of the $400M investment budget, which includes the development of the Investment Framework and Capacity Setting process, CBA modeling, strategic deep dive analysis and other analytical ad-hoc projects. The role interfaces primarily with the GMS CFO, GMS Business leaders, Global Consumer, Small Business, Merchant and Network Services (GCSMNS) HQ Finance and the GMS Strategic Quality Planning (SQP) Team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Merchant Acquisition business, as well as gain exposure to and insight from senior leadership. This Finance Manager should have an analytical mindset, is comfortable collaborating with internal customers, can work closely with senior leaders and has the aptitude to drive change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the management of the global investment optimization process to drive moderate to long term growth
- Lead financial analytics across the GMS business to optimize the GMS investment pool to maximize financial returns
- Represent GMS on investment analytics supporting cross-business unit and company-wide strategic initiatives; be primary point of contact for GMS CFO and GCSMNS HQ Finance team
- Provide strategic thought leadership on investment decisioning and analytics impacting the moderate to long term growth of the business
- Lead the financial aspects of the Strategic Quality Planning investment process
- Support the development, operationalization and actual tracking of metrics to measure progress against strategic initiatives
- Enhance investment practices and returns based on post-mortem analytics, etc.
- Present initiative outcome and recommendations to senior leaders
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Undergraduate degree (Master’s preferred) or equivalent experience
- Strategic Thinking: Solid ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Possess a strong grasp of the competitive landscape and market trends. Ability to work with ambiguity
- Analytical Thinking: Strong aptitude for analytics. Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-add insights from large amounts of financial data
- Communication: Superior ability to communicate with and influence at all levels of the organization
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex workstreams and work across boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes. Skilled in the use and applications of American Express systems and processes
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Change Leadership: Continuously seek process improvement and play a lead role in driving change in the organization each and every day
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 19 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...