Position Title Finance Manager - Carbon
Business Unit Description
At MWV Specialty Chemicals, we specialize in creative, smart solutions. Our team drives a dynamic global business that delivers value to customers through distinctive products, technologies and brands. MWV Specialty Chemicals’ full suite of businesses commands leadership positions in markets including purification carbon for automotive, air and water applications; and high-performing pine chemicals for innovative asphalt technologies, oilfield drilling, printing inks, pulp and paper chemicals, adhesives, dyestuffs, agrichemicals and rubber.
MWV Specialty Chemicals – with world-class production, technical and business operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia – is a core business within MWV, a forerunner in the development of exceptional packaging solutions for the world’s most trusted brands. MWV has 17,000 employees in 30 countries serving customers in more than 100 nations. For the sixth consecutive year, we have ranked as a leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. To learn more about MWV and MWV Specialty Chemicals, please visit www.mwv.com .
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MWV Specialty Chemicals is looking for the right individual to take on a pivotal role within our financial leadership team. The position is vital to our business and is one that offers promising opportunity for professional growth and advancement. In this role, you will work with senior management, production, technical and business support teams around the world, with extensive interaction with commercial leaders in our Carbon business unit. You will be the finance lead for three commercial market segments, two separate medium sized chemical manufacturing locations and one domestic joint venture. You will act as the lead in all financial analyses, special projects, product costing, closing, annual planning, forecasting, production reporting and review of variance accounts for the Carbon business unit. Your enthusiasm for “getting out of the office” to work directly with our team at all levels and all locations is essential. You will be instrumental in decision making that grows our global business.
Do you think it’s possible to have fun and be innovative with financial management, while at the same time assuring absolute accuracy, integrity and accountability? Then this might be the position for you.
Primary Performance Objectives:
Experience and Skills Summary
- Lead the development of the Carbon business unit financial forecast, annual plan and standard costing process; includes three commercial market segments, two manufacturing locations and one domestic JV. Y ou will be responsible for working with stakeholders throughout the business to ensure alignment of financial targets.
- Perform all required financial analysis for manufacturing costs, production reporting, capital spending and other analysis as required by division finance and operations.
- Lead and direct the manufacturing finance staff of the Carbon business unit, driving change and process improvement in all areas, as well as driving career development and succession planning.
- Act as a business partner with operations and commercial management anticipating financial analysis needs to help improve profitability and grow our already global business.
- Acquisition integration and joint venture analysis.
- Compliance – You will be the voice of leadership for financial compliance for the Carbon business unit – financial reporting, audit/SOX controls, and GAAP compliance to name a few.
- Month end - You will partner with shared service accounting as the decision maker to ensure financial statement integrity and accounting process improvement.
- This position promises significant growth potential and opportunities to lead. You will gain command of our business’ end-to-end transactional processes and play a key role as a business partner in this important business unit.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting. Other degrees will be considered if paired with an MBA.
- A minimum of 7-10 years in accounting, cost accounting, financial analysis, and commercial analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, and modeling.
- Demonstrated success with similar analytical role.
- Experience with reviewing, understanding and improving business processes, especially in a manufacturing environment.
- Bias towards decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office and integrated business software such SAP and SAP BW.
- This position is designed for someone capable of joining our team as a true business partner and thought leader, not simply a functional manager. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal skills with all types of employees and outstanding communications skills in all formats are essential.
- Business travel of approx. 40% year 1, 25% after that.
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...