Dallas, Texas - Sierra
We are seeking an energetic, ambitious person to lead the TXUE IT financial management & reporting process. This includes financial analysis, capital allocation, and decision support and cost management activities. Role requires someone who can work collaboratively with various stakeholders and partners (including CFO & CIO) to bring transparency to TXUE IT costs and drivers. The manager will be hands-on, willing to dive deep to get full understanding of data, both from external vendors or from within our own systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent:
- Leads in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reporting for TXUE & EFH leadership
- Lead the effort/process for building a detailed long range plans and budgets understanding them line-by-line to help bring more transparency to the business unit leaders
- Maintain IT employee and contractor staffing and financial forecast in close collaboration with TXUE IT Performance Management team and IT leadership
- Support IT spend approval process to ensure DOA approval per Company policy as well as IT and Finance approval process guideline
- Manage IT vendor payment process to ensure adherence to Company vendor payment policy and timely vendor payment per contractual terms in close collaboration with IT leadership, Corporate AP and Supply Chain teams
- Manage month-end close and accrual process with close collaboration with TXUE Accounting, and EFH IT Finance
- Support the IT Capital and Expense Project review, approval and reporting process in close collaboration with IT PMO and TXUE Performance Excellence department
- Manage two analyst level personnel providing guidance in budgeting and reporting process, as well as coaching individual career development
- Provides ad hoc query responses for TXUE and EFH management questions
Minimal background and knowledge requirements:
NECESSARY SKILLS - For this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred. MBA preferred.
- 5-8 experience years of Financial Planning and Analysis. 1-2 years working in or for IT department spending preferable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create presentations for Senior Management
- Working knowledge of Hyperion and PeopleSoft is preferred
- CPA preferred
must be able to manipulate, analyze, interpret and summarize large data sets in order to create meaningful reports and graphical presentations.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to develop, analyze and effectively interpret financial information, including the effects of business and technology initiatives. Ability to complete detailed financial analysis.
- Communications - Sends, receives and interprets information clearly, accurately, thoroughly and effectively. Able to distill complex financial information to non-finance professionals in a way that is not condescending. Prepares materials appropriate to the audience in Excel, PowerPoint or other format.
- Financial Knowledge - Understands financial concepts. Understands and able to apply definitions and policies (e.g., chart of accounts, accounting policy).
- Process Improvement - Able to develop and document work processes; able to drive standardization of processes and pursue continuous improvement to meet customer or business needs.
- Teamwork - Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders (e.g., EFH IT, business units planning, finance, sourcing etc). Builds strong relationships with key players. Takes proactive approach to meeting customer needs. Does what is feasible and sensible to maintain goodwill
- People Management – Manage a team of 2 financial analysts. Provide coaching, conduct performance appraisals, and provide appropriate work assignments to the analysts
- Flexibility, someone who is adaptive to frequent change in priorities, organization and strategy; schedule must be flexible to overtime and deadlines with short lead time.
- Must be able to work in an open office environment and maintain occasional long, irregular hours.
- Proficient with PC applications, such as MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint & Word) and other planning software -
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Monster - 2 years ago