Principal responsibilities include managing the balance sheet accounting & reconciliation & 3rd party backend participation fulfillment. This role requires an autonomous individual to develop a rigorous balance sheet process & implement it throughout the team. This role will also manage the calculation, communication, signoff & tracking of agent & broadcaster participation statements. The key requirements for this candidate will be to be a self-starter, who likes to take initiative, in developing new processes. This role also has one direct report.
Consumer Products Revenue Recognition (30%)
Monthly & Quarterly Reporting Packages (30%)
- Prepare and book monthly revenue accrual for licensing and home video revenue streams
- Responsible for revenue allocations for month-end, annual budgets & quarterly forecasts
- Prepare and book monthly and quarterly joint venture schedules for United Kingdom and Australia
Consumer Products Sales Support (20%)
- Provide Controllership group with monthly P&L variance explanations for actuals versus forecast
- Provide Participations and Controllership group with various revenue metrics on a quarterly basis
- Complete FP&A quarterly P&L packages by providing variance explanations, revenue and expense walks, and highlight risk & opportunities
Ad Hoc Projects (20%)
- Review licensee forecast revenue with business partners to ensure forecasting accuracy
- Partner with sales team to create forecast presentations for senior management
- Provide account executives with revenue analytics based on monthly activity and comparing forecast to actual statements
- Complete annual SOX tests & coordinate necessary information from all groups involved – Operations, Regional Finance, etc.
- Support internal & external audit requests
- Coordinate revenue & expense details to submit to (creator) Participations group quarterly
- Support reporting improvement projects – design specifications for IT development, test development work, etc.
- Management presentation development
- Support business leadership with strategic analysis by country, property, brand, category, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting Required with 5-8 years of relevant finance experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint Required
- Strong balance sheet management & proven budget management experience
- Proven understanding of financial accounting & financial statement analysis
- Ability to work independently & suggest new ideas on how to change business processes
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong Project Management skills necessary - must pay close attention to detail & follow-up
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including both written & verbal skills
Viacom - 14 months ago