Principal responsibilities include managing the balance sheet accounting & reconciliation & 3rd party backend participation fulfillment. This role requires an autonomous individual to develop a rigorous balance sheet process & implement it throughout the team. This role will also manage the calculation, communication, signoff & tracking of agent & broadcaster participation statements. The key requirements for this candidate will be to be a self-starter, who likes to take initiative, in developing new processes. This role also has two direct reports
Balance Sheet Process (40%)
- Develop Balance Sheet reporting package to be delivered & reviewed each month
- Design B/S reconciliation form & roll out across all team members
- Manage the reconciliation consolidation process
- Explain variances to team management & General Accounting group
- Propose suggestions on how to restructure the B/S business unit structure to isolate business from domestic
Agent Commission & Backend Participation Fulfillment – Worldwide (20%)
- Manage Offshore analysts statement processing work output
- Collaborate with sales team. Business and legal affairs, and operations to resolve compliance, systems, or contractual term issues
- Provide manager with royalty statement processing metrics to measure timeliness and accuracy
Ad Hoc Projects (20%)
- Create database of all agent & back-end contract needs
- Develop a process for calculating the Agent Commission/Backend fees
- Utilize in-house royalty databases to calculate the payments based on each contract terms
- Manage the internal approval & payment process
- Liaise with agents to manage expectations on payment timing & reporting
- Liaise with NY Finance to manage commission liability draw-down
- Complete annual SOX tests & coordinate necessary information from all groups involved – Operations, Regional Finance, etc.
- Support internal & external audit requests
- Coordinate revenue & expense details to submit to (creator) Participations group quarterly
- Support reporting improvement projects – design specifications for IT development, test development work, etc.
- Management presentation development
- Support business leadership with strategic analysis by country, property, brand, category, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting required with 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong balance sheet management experience
- Proven understanding of financial accounting & financial statement analysis
- Proven budget management experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel & Strong PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to work independently & suggest new ideas on how to change business processes
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong Project Management skills necessary - must pay close attention to detail & follow-up
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including both written & verbal skills