If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard ( www.standard.com ). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help provide people with the financial security and confidence to pursue their dreams. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Prepare and develop analysis of financial results and performance information. Prepare and/or interpret complex accounting transactions. Lead and/or perform regulatory reporting functions and ensure compliance with regulatory and accounting guidance. Effectively communicate financial information to management and division(s) as assigned .
- Develop and prepare monthly financial analysis of operating/performance results, forecasts, and trends. Develop, compile, analyze, and interpret management reporting. Develop performance measurement models, techniques, systems and tools. Review, analyze and improve manual and automated procedures, systems and controls. Lead in the development and implementation of new systems or enhance existing systems to resolve problems or improve accounting/financial processes and internal controls by partnering with accounting systems liaison.
- Prepare and/or interpret complex or very complex accounting transactions and records. Analyze data in order to initiate/recommend corrective action as needed. Lead and/or perform regulatory reporting functions and ensure compliance with regulatory and accounting guidance.
- Develop and maintain effective and responsive communication with management and assigned division(s) to ensure timely identification and understanding of critical performance factors and accurate financial information.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis demonstrating industry knowledge. Participate on project teams.
- Oversee and review work of Financial & Accounting Analysts and Accountants.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
- Six years progressively responsible experience in the preparation and interpretation of financial results, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred (or actively pursuing).
StanCorp Financial Group - 20 months ago
Providing insurance and related financial services is standard operating procedure at StanCorp Financial Group. Through Standard...