Shopko is growing and looking for a dynamic results-driven individual to join our team.
Shopko has been providing name-brand & value apparel, home decor, family basics, and seasonal merchandise along with pharmacy and optometric services for over 50 years.
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with almost 18,000 teammates. We have over 300 stores in 21 states throughout the Midwest, Mountain, Pacific Northwest, and Southern regions. Shopko continues to grow, while still maintaining a hometown feel in our small to mid-sized city markets.
Responsible for application, reconciliation and accounting control over daily GO Institutional AR payments and to ensure stores are properly handling Institutional AR charges and payments. The position requires supervisory ability, knowledge of the company chart of accounts, and company policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise/application of cash received for Institutional AR
• Update the AR system for payments received in the corporate lockbox.
• Monitor customer claims for variances from payment and react appropriately with corrections, write offs or customer communications
Work with stores on the proper use of the AR system
• Monitor for store misuse of either ringing up sales or applying payments and provide direction to the stores
Reconcile the AR system to the General Ledger AR balance
• Ensure the AR system balance reconciles to the General Ledger balance
• Answer/investigate customer questions on payments and charges
• Multiple account reconciliation
Responsible for the training and supervision of Account Receivable Specialist
Work with the credit and collection teams
• Provide support to the credit and collection teams in their effort to collect
• past due balances
• Provide recommendations on bad debt risks associated with past due
• AR balances
• Completes special projects assigned by the department manager
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Four year Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1-2 years of Accounting experience (Receivable accounting experience-desired)
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to understand, follow and give written and verbal instructions
• Ability to effectively supervise teammates
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Able to operate various office equipment (e.g., personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, etc)
• Ability to effectively communicate with all types of teammates through written and two-way verbal communication
• Able to read and write at a high school graduate level
• Able to lift 10 to 20 pounds
• Able to work normal and/or extended (evenings, nights, and weekends) office hours to meet established deadlines
• Able to travel independently to support Company objectives and personal development
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by teammates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, & a comprehensive benefits package!
Individuals interested in this opportunity should submit a candidate profile at www.shopko.com/careers
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.
Shopko - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rather than a national jack-of-all-retail trades, Shopko Stores concentrates on a select product range in small and rural areas of the US....