This position is primarily responsible for the MHS financial cycle including providing timely, accurate and detailed financial information to management, verifying the accuracy of billing data, applying accounting knowledge and prior experience to solve problems and complete special projects, interfacing with operating departments when necessary and using advance PC skills to generate financial management reports.
Complete monthly and quarterly standard reporting metrics and analyze results for presentation to management.
Support Finance and MHS departments with ad hoc data requests and analysis.
Perform billing cycle audits for new and renewing group business.
Complete special projects for Finance and other MHS departments.
Perform monthly close process including preparing and uploading journal entries and completing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Limited or indirect supervision responsibility over department employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Graduate degree or CPA preferred.
- Three to six years progressive experience.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to interact with and influence decision makers.
- Proven ability to interpret and articulate complex business and financial concepts.
- Basic knowledge of accounting theory and practice. Experience and in depth knowledge of financial matters at a corporate level.
- Advanced PC skills including working knowledge of billing system as well as spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and tobacco testing.
- Performs work in an office environment in which there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Medical Mutual of Ohio - 20 months ago
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6...