This is a full-time, twelve-month professional staff position responsible to the director, financial aid for the following:
This is a full-time, twelve-month professional staff position responsible to the director, student financial aid and scholarships for the following:
1. Providing financial aid counseling and related assistance to students and parents.
2. Performing primary review and awarding of financial aid files including, if necessary, needs analysis computations, and submitting financial aid applications and corrections through the use of specialized software.
3. Exercising professional judgement in determining special conditions, and dependency overrides for students who qualify.
4. Maintaining a working knowledge of current Federal, State, and local statutes, regulations, and policies governing the administration of Federal Title IV student financial aid.
5. Managing and reconciling the special grant and loan programs as follows: TEXAS Grant, TEOG, ACG and B-on-Time.
6. Reviewing packaged awards for all students in the assigned alphabet and monitoring awards throughout the year to prevent over awards. This includes but is not limited to loan cancellations and returns, adjustment of grant awards and manually awarding summer aid.
7. Processing student appeals of financial aid suspension for all students in assigned alphabet resulting in an approval or denial of aid reinstatement.
8. Monitoring developmental hour limitations as mandated by federal regulations.
9. Managing the Transfer Monitoring Alert process (TMAL).
10. Developing, organizing and presenting financial aid/scholarship outreach programs.
11. Performing general office duties and other duties as assigned by the director.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience required.
2. Experience at a higher education institution preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication, human relation, and interpersonal skills essential.
4. Must be able to be independent, respect confidentiality, solve problems, and maintain courtesy in dealing with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
5. Strong organizational skills essential.