The Business Analyst will have excellent business acumen and a track record of transforming analytical insights into actionable ideas and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing enterprise-wide analytic initiatives to increase the use of data driven decision making across the company. The candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Defines key performance metrics, driving long term performance, in collaboration with senior management and informed by analytics.
- Develops standardized internal management reports (dashboards) tracking key metric performance and ensures business units provide consistent and high quality reports.
- Identifies opportunities to introduce data analytics to additional business areas within TBC and engages business leaders to develop proposals for new analytics projects.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests for analytic support from all business areas within TBC. Provides guidance and support to business leaders looking to improve performance through the use of analytics.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Analyzes business trends and prepares routine reporting.
- Gains knowledge of business activities to understand financial impact.
- Prepares daily, monthly, quarterly financial data for internal distribution.
- Prepares/reviews fluctuations of certain financial statement activities.
- Communicates findings or suggestions to management.
- Is a leader for all of TBC.
Education & Experience
Education: BA/BS Accounting, Finance, Statistics or other related field
Experience: Five+ years’ experience in business analytics and/or statistics. Ability to read and interpret financial statements and experience in payroll analysis preferred.
SAP, AS400, SQL, Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advance demonstrated knowledge of Excel
TBC is a big wheel in tire distribution and the Big O in tire retailing. A unit of Sumitomo Corporation of America (SCOA), it's one of the...