The Financial Analyst performs a variety of analytical and technical functions, many of which are highly visible to top management. The Financial Analyst must be able to meet the challenges required in day-to-day duties as well as be a self-starter and seek out additional initiatives over time. Knowledge of Excel and excellent verbal/written communication skills are required for this position. SAS and Oracle experience would be a plus.
Areas of Responsibility
Critical to success in this position is knowledge of the business, ability to spot inaccurate data inputs and the motivation to appropriately address issues that arise in order to resolve inaccuracies.
- Responsible for daily management reporting of key financial data, including sales, discounts, service center labor, etc.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting for group, including, but not limited to:
- Performing data extraction and the creation of custom reports using tools such as Oracle, Access, SAS and Excel.
- Perform various complex spreadsheet analysis required by management.
- Assist in month-end closing for assigned functional areas. Standard and ad hoc analytical report creation as required by management.
- Provide financial evaluations to support management decision making in areas such as marketing programs, communication costs, and retail store management.
- Provide decision support and business analysis for assigned business units.
- Assists in annual operating budget and monthly forecasting processes
- Responsible for setting Cost Center Input sheets.
- Uploading of all Corporate Cost Center budgets to Oracle.
- Generate and distribute Consolidated and brand Budget Reports
- Create presentations for management using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ad hoc analytical projects, as required.
- Ability to rapidly learn our complex businesses and develop sound business judgment.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to complete projects/assignments effectively with creativity.
- Ability to detect and report data inconsistencies and out of balance situations.
- 4-year degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting and standard costing knowledge, combined with excellent analytical skills
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in Excel. SAS and Oracle experience a plus.
To Apply: Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place , NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (1-800-FLOWERS.COM) is a florist and gift shop. The Company offers a range of products, including flowers, floral...