Work Location: Currently located in Palm Harbor, FL. Relocating to Largo, FL in April 2013
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Produces various receivable reports and works closely with PAS Directors to provide operational and financial analysis of these reports.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the development of financial data collection and measurement tools within the PAS
- Develop and provides monthly financial reports and submits journal entries to hospital financial
- Work with hospital CFOs and Controllers to communicate monthly billing, collection and accounts
- Facilitate the monthly completion of three exhibits for the monthly standard accrual process for
- Prepare explanations of swings in accounts receivable and bad debt trends
- Reconcile individual facility clearing accounts
- Analyze financial performance per PAS CFO request
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and
respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies,
procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate
properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Financial analysis skills - knowledge of research techniques sufficient to collect and interpret data.
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare estimates. Knowledge of
legal and fiscal requirements and regulations. Skill in interpreting and analyzing data. Skill in
examining documents for correctness and interpreting their accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field. Relevant experience may
substitute for education requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending,
stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a
keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing
and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up
to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times.
Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to
provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
- At least 3-4 years progressive accounting/finance experience required, preferably in healthcare
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
HCA Inc - 19 months ago