Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this position you will provide professional level skills in performing financial analysis for the institution. Completes financial analysis and develops financial forecasts to ensure the institution's assets are completely maximized
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Analyzes and prepares financial documents and specialized revenue cycle studies.
2. Examines historical and projected billing collection data to provide senior management with valuable data upon which to make relevant financial decisions.
3. To provide reports pertaining to revenue cycle, to the DMO and service line chiefs on a monthly basis (including charges, collections, patient mix, denials, and accounts receivable, cash analysis).
4. Assist the DMO with professional fee projections for budgetary planning.
5. Must have full knowledge of the IDX anesthesia module and anesthesia billing structure to be able to accurately query data to analyze payment trends and denials. Review payment analysis on the daily basis to catch any out of ordinary activities before month end.
6. Will work closely with the Clinical Billing Manager and McKesson's AR/appeal process team and will share findings that may improve the quality of the front end billing process. Assist the Clinical Billing Manager in the MD audit process by providing data necessary to accomplish the task.
7. Back up supervisor to the billing staff in absence of the clinical billing manager.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of three (3) years related experience in a financial or accounting area.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 18 months ago