With general direction, this role supports the Accounts Payable (AP) department through the review and analysis of system, process and AP financial activity. This role also makes recommendations where appropriate to increase the effectiveness of AP processes, policies and systems where feasible.
- On a regular basis, queries Ariba (ePro system) to analyze vendor invoices and exceptions. This includes but is not limited to analyzing and determining where a high frequency of vendor and user exceptions exists. Identifies prevalent issues and root causes and makes recommendations to management for resolution as appropriate.
- On a regular basis, writes reports to query systems for financial data (via SQL viewpoint and/or Crystal Reporting) to perform financial analysis on the status of AP activity (e.g., DPO activity) as well as vendor performance.
- With guidance identifies key controls and relates to SOX team. Tests and validate controls on a regular basis (e.g., quarterly and annually) and revalidates processes as the systems evolve.
- Documents and maintains work performed to support that appropriate testing and validation processes were followed.
- Identifies areas where the department / function have opportunities to improve efficiency. Makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Based on updates to systems and processes, reviews and revises AP policies as appropriate and submits for approval to management team. Maintains documentation and ensures that policies are current.
- For AP sub-ledgers maintained by corporate, performs the monthly close process, and communicates to the field and general ledger group when the close is complete.
- Reconciles AP related balance sheet accounts from general ledger and other systems to ensure accuracy and consistency. Where variances exist, performs complex research to understand where issues and root causes. Takes action to resolve issues and prepares journal entries as needed.
- Acts as the department point of contact for internal and external audits to provide data and respond to questions or concerns.
- Assists management with the development of department performance metrics and tracks activity to targets. Identify areas where opportunities exist or concerns may be present.
- Based on policies, reviews activity or samples of data to ascertain if processes are being followed. Reports exceptions to policy to management for appropriate actions. Makes recommendations for resolution where appropriate.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking “Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting or financial area.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate knowledge of processes and information into primary and secondary action plans.
- CPA certification.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and queries, and financial systems.
- Lawson, Ariba, Access and SQL Viewpoint experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working within a publicly traded Fortune 500 company.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...