The Financial Analyst supports the Acquisitions & Development Department in the growth of Loews Hotels through the addition of new hotels, including conversions of existing hotels/buildings, new construction and adding management contracts.
- Run economic analysis models and prepare pro forma projections for determining IRR and sensitivity analyses for potential acquisitions or development opportunities. Analyses may include compounded returns, promoted structures and waterfall returns.
- Conduct market research and data collection on cities of interest, and draw conclusions from the research concerning the strengths/weaknesses of the market.
- Maintain electronic database of hotel performance levels (occupancy and ADR) collected.
- Update and maintain the Smith Travel/ HOST/ PKF Benchmarker database of different market areas.
- Help determine strengths and weaknesses of site or hotel located within the market as it relates to the competition as well as demand generators.
- Review property reports and related documents (e.g. ground lease), as well as information received through the property tour to summarize the propertys main issues.
- Make recommendations as to best market position for the asset which will lead to occupancy and rate assumptions, F&B revenues and other revenues.
- Maintain database of Loews Hotels performance levels (revenues and expenses) to be utilized when evaluating the feasibility of hotel opportunities. (Maintain updated data on Loews Hotels performance (P&Ls) as well as group pre-bookings and market mix).
- Assist existing hotel portfolio on an as-needed basis for various ROI analyses associated with renovations; additions, etc.
- Prepare presentations for internal Investment Committee and outside investors.
- Development and update company overview presentations and collateral.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from a leading school
- hotel and/or real estate concentration preferred
Work or intern experience in the hospitality and/or real estate fields
Strong quantitative, verbal & written skills with the ability to articulate a message rationally and concisely
Superior knowledge of Excel, Work and PowerPoint
Strong organizational skills
Loews Hotels, Inc. was founded in 1946 and continues to own and operate hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in...