The Role: This position supports Platts global Conference Operations (events management business) by performing financial & operational accounting, reporting, forecasting, and analysis.
The Impact: This role serves as the Platts finance business partner for the global Conferences Operations team. This role will have financial and operational responsibilities and will have the opportunity to work with our producers, marketers, technology, and operations staff on projects that directly impact the customer experience at conferences and events.
The Career Opportunity: Platts is the fasting growing division within McGraw-Hill Financial which has significant finance operations based in the New York metro region. There is a proven track-record of advancement within MHFI and Platts.
The Team / The Business: The Platts Finance team consists of a team of professionals based primarily in New York, London and Denver supporting Platts global business. Platts is the fastest growing division within MHFI and as such has cultivated a dynamic culture driven to sustain its expansion through both organic growth and acquisitions.
Your Skills: Strong MS Excel skills (Pivot tables, V-Lookups), Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Ungerboeck and Cognos TM1 preferred
Our Hiring Manager says: HM opportunity to put the pitch in their own words, i.e. – “I’m looking for the kind of person who is eager to learn and take on new responsibilities. If you’re right for this role, you are self-motivated and have a desire to grow professionally by being naturally curious, asking questions and taking on new tasks. If you are self-motivated and hardworking, you will be given increased opportunities to develop as a finance and business professional. You’ll love this job because it offers a variety of financial and operational responsibilities working in a team environment that is conducive to professional development.”
- Assist with monthly accounting close for global Conferences Operations including preparation of manual journal entries and review of all accounting transactions and related financial statements.
- Assist with the accounting and reporting for revenue and expenses and will perform balance sheet account reconciliations and evaluate the effectiveness of financial controls related to conference operations.
- Prepare financial reports and provide analysis of results to the Conferences Operations team.
- Track and reconcile headcount and compensation related costs.
- Prepare detailed monthly earnings forecasts (estimates).
- Partner with Conferences Operations management to understand how key business drivers influence the financial performance of the business and be able to project future performance of the business.
- Perform analysis and forecasting of attendee, sponsorship and advertising revenue and related expenses;
- Manage annual planning and budget process for Conferences Operations.
- Evaluate business trends influencing growth characteristics of the business and prepare analyses to support sector strategies.
- Assist with ad hoc requests, special projects, and support the Sr. Director - Finance on an as needed basis.
About Platts and McGraw Hill Financial Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets. Learn more at http://www.mhfi.com/careers/our-brands/platts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/ or Accounting
- 1 – 3 years’ work experience in public accounting or private accounting/finance department
- Experience supporting a large multi-national business
- Strong MS Excel skills (Pivot tables, V-Lookups)
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Ungerboeck and Cognos TM1 preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of the a team
- Strong analytical skills, communicates effectively, creates superior customer value, dependable, productive and provide quality work.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, and McGraw Hill Construction. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....