This position at Longview will focus on providing financial planning and analysis as well as budgeting and forecasting support to two of our box plants (Seattle and Yakima). This will include financial statement distribution, review and variance analysis and other (managerial) analytics, along with recommendations, on special projects for plant operations.
The position will support operational decision-making and large projects by providing financial analysis and interpreting financial accounting information. The analyst will work closely with box plant management and other key stakeholders in monitoring and deploying key performance indicators to assist in evaluating financial progress. The incumbent may also have outside consultations with accountants, business consultants and other external sources. The Analyst will report to the Container Division Controller and will have no direct reports.
- Monitor and deploy key performance indicators.
- Analyze and provide financial support/ROI calculations for plant expenditures (data mining).
- Define financial benefits of projects by performing financial analysis, building and interpreting models, providing options and recommending solutions.
- Ensure proper and appropriate accounting treatment of projects, ensuring that they are aligned with Longview's financial goals.
- Support box plant operations by analyzing and recommending improvements to achieving economic profits.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of financial statements to support improvements and responsiveness to cost and revenue information.
- Assist management with written commentary for the quarterly financial report to upper management.
- Assist in technical financial analysis of competitors and other industry environments.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance departmental productivity.
Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in analytical role within a finance department as well as a background in budget planning.
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably JDE), and Microsoft office.
- Experience working in a corporate reporting focused role is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with a variety of positions and levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A self-motivated work ethic. A high personal standard for quality of work is essential to success in this position.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp.
- 24 months ago - save job