Cook Pharmica is a biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with process development, clinical and commercial bulk drug substance manufacturing, formulation development, clinical and commercial parenteral drug product manufacturing, including liquid and lyophilized vials, prefilled syringes and secondary packaging, and an array of support services all at a single facility in Bloomington, IN. Founded in 2004, Cook Pharmica is a division of Cook Medical, the world's largest privately held medical manufacturing company.
To support the accounting/finance function by performing general day-to-day accounting and financial duties.
Essential Job Function/Duties
• Maintain integrity and accuracy of the general ledger accounting records, reconciliations and documentation
• Perform monthly financial closing procedures to ensure accurate and timely preparation, presentation and analysis of financial statements
• Track and maintain accurate construction in progress and fixed asset accounting records
• Partner with purchasing to properly and consistently classify purchases appropriately on financial statements
• Establish cost standards for material, labor and overhead to assist in preparation of cost and margin reporting
• Act as financial liaison to cross functional teams on various project based work
• Must work and interact effectively with and for others to achieve company goals
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Must meet company attendance requirements
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various levels of the organization
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
• General accounting, financial planning and management reporting experience preferred
• Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels
• Self starter who is both a team player and an individual performer
• Self motivated with a positive attitude and strong attention to detail
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred
• Required to sign a confidentiality and a non-compete agreement
• Normal work conditions of that of an office environment
• Will use computer with Windows XP Pro and Microsoft Office products
• Will work with copiers, fax machine, and scanners
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Cook Medical - 15 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...