Financial Analyst – |
Financial Planning and Analysis
New York, NY
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries
-- Financial Planning and Analysis
The Financial Analyst position is in the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group within Ally Commercial Finance (CF), reporting to the Senior Director, FP&A.
The CF FP&A team’s core functionality is to provide management reporting, financial planning and analytical decision support to the Commercial Finance Business Unit and Ally Corporate Reporting.
In addition, the CF FP&A team executes various responsibilities including regulatory reporting, risk related reporting, stress testing, allowance reporting, funding matters and certain other operational support.
- Develop reports to support the company’s regional structure and partner with the business to identify variances to forecasted results
- Assist with the completion of various regulatory reports within both the Accounting and FP&A teams
- Recommend and develop reports to streamline and enhance CCAR stress testing documentation and analysis
- Work with other FP&A members to maintain, refine and update pricing model, working in concert with business partners
- Assist in the continued development and reporting of client level profitability and provide analysis to explain results
- Provide support for preparation of Ally Senior Management and Board of Directors presentations
- Load and validate forecasts and business plans in accordance with corporate instructions
- Create, update and refine management reporting reports and templates
- Support the daily accounting and monthly-end close process
- Complete timely and accurate account reconciliations in accordance with company policy
- Provide analysis and support for departmental and strategic initiatives within the FP&A and Accounting teams
- Provide back-up support for certain Finance functions
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, testing and reporting
- Collaborate with Ally corporate teams and those from other segments to provide other forecast and analytic data information and fulfill other ad hoc requests and special projects
- Develop a strong understanding of all monthly reporting processes within CF
- Obtain an understanding of the Commercial Finance business and the significant drivers of profitability
- Identify process gaps and work to improve overall CF finance efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all Ally policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships, both within CF and externally, and leverage those relationships to provide fast and accurate reporting
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years of work experience (preferred but not required), preferably with some financial services industry experience
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other Finance team members
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and SAP is preferred
Working at Ally is Rewarding!
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and above-market bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program and emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally Offers Competitive Benefits:
401K Matching and Company Contributions
Paid Time Off (Roll-over up to 150%)
Variable Pay (bonuses)
Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage
Vendor Partnership Discount Program
Charitable Gift Contribution Matching
Ally is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with federal & state laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person's race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Accounting / Finance
United States-New York-NEW YORK
Finance - 3001110016
Sep 13, 2013, 3:03:02 PM
Ally Financial - 10 months ago
“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive...