The Financial Analyst – GAAP Reporting is responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports; researches, reviews and analyzes accounting guidance and transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports on a Historical GAAP (U.S.), Purchase GAAP (U.S.) and Japanese GAAP basis.
- Reviews and analyzes accounting transactions. Develops various analytic and statistical reports to support the reporting process.
- Updates and maintains chart of accounts for consolidation with Japanese parent company.
- Coordinates quarterly and annual documentation requests from various financial and accounting departments for consolidated reporting with Japanese parent company.
- Prepares and reviews supporting documentation for quarterly and annual reporting packages for consolidation with Japanese parent company. Inputs such data into the Japanese parent’s financial reporting module.
- Maintains Purchase GAAP adjusting ledger, including adjusting journal entries and amortization/depreciation schedules. Prepares detail and summary Historical GAAP to Purchase GAAP reconciliation reports as needed.
- Prepares detail and summary Purchase GAAP to Japanese GAAP reconciliation reports as needed.
- Assists in the design and maintenance of general ledger reports necessary to complete the financial reporting processes.
- Researches accounting and disclosure requirements on new or potential business transactions. Assesses the impact of transactions on the Company’s accounting and disclosure.
- Assists in the preparation and review of quarterly Board of Directors meeting materials.
- Special projects as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA designation preferred. Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience.
- Strong technical knowledge in the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and previous experience in research accounting requirements. Knowledge/experience with Japanese GAAP a plus.
- Understanding of and the ability to work with computerized accounting and reporting systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to speak Japanese a plus.