Teleflex, a medical device company, located in Limerick, PA (moving in 2013 to King of Prussia, PA) has an amazing opportunity for a Finance Analyst to collaborate with the North American Operations team (Manufacturing Facilities) analyzing, preparing and providing commentary toward business drivers and variance. High visibility opportunity with impact across the organization.
The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses.
The Financial Analyst for North American Operations provides financial and analytical support to the North American operations team. Primarily responsible for consolidating monthly financial results and quarterly forecasting updates from 4 of the NA Manufacturing Plants. Important to this position is the understanding of business drivers including the drivers behind current performance and variances and the ability to be able to present and/or discuss the story behind the data. The ability to analyze how work is being done and recommend and implement process improvements will be critical to getting work done more effectively and efficiently. In addition, the Financial Analyst will support the manufacturing Site Controllers with monthly close and forecasting activities as necessary, and provide support for the NA Operations Finance director on various ad hoc financial analyses.
• Provide daily support to NA Operations Finance Director and Site Controllers.
• Prepare and analyze monthly results for discussion with the Director of Finance.
• Generate cost and financial accounting journal entries for the financial close and prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and tie in with the Site Controllers and Director of Finance.
• Work with Director coordinating annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation for manufacturing sites, and consolidate appropriately.
• Completion of various reporting requirements for month end and year-end, which may include:
o Report on material labor and overhead vs. budget by product group and Strategic Business Unit.
o Accurately measure and report on progress of various cost improvement projects.
o Analyze results by product group and business unit versus budget and forecast, current month and YTD.
o Monthly analysis of operating costs.
o Reporting various financial and operational KPI's for senior business management.
o All reporting to be accompanied, where appropriate, with insightful commentary.
• Review accounting and management reporting procedures to improve efficiency of close process, month end analysis and information flow to Operations group management.
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3 years of experience in Accounting, Cost Accounting and Financial analysis in a manufacturing environment
• General accepted accounting principles and standards.
• The incumbent must possess strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and or an aptitude to learn; proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Financial concepts of product costing and financial analysis of manufacturing operations.
• Financial modeling and analysis (i.e. alternative sourcing studies)
• Manufacturing and KPI Dashboard reporting
• MBA, CPA or CMA
• Cost Accounting experience in a plant environment
• Experience working in a multi-plant manufacturing environment
This position is located in Limerick, PA however in early 2014 will move to King of Prussia, PA. Canidates must be willing to travel to the Limerick facility from start date to date of move then to the new location. No relocation is provided initially or at the time of the move to King of Prussia.
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery. We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.