Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts or techniques for use in financial reporting, planning and control, by performing the following duties independently or within a group setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as requested or required.
1. Develop and implement Internal and external reporting processes including monthly financials.
2. Monthly and quarterly MD&A on financial results. Development and maintenance of weekly flash reports.
3. Financial modeling to analyze what if scenarios and their impact on operations.
4. Assist with acquisition analysis including the financial impact to operations, cash flow and financial reporting.
5. Assist in the development of operational tools melding financials and non financial data into meaningful metrics.
6. Prepare various analyses in the areas of Labor Expense/Material Expense and Revenue, Labor Productivity, Inventory Turnover, Benefits, Car Hire, Demurrage, Derailment, Fleet Management, and Revenue.
7. Develop SAP and Watco Portal reporting to expedite the analysis and reporting processes.
8. Maintain due diligence document portal.
9. Develop, interpret and apply corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
10. Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement processes and strategies.
Bachelors degree in finance or accounting and minimum of 5 years related experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
BSBA in Accounting, Finance or Economics; and/or MBA, CMA or comparable designation a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong verbal, written, and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work in harmony with others and be a positive influence on co-workers
3. Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other applications as required
4. Experienced with financial reporting / general ledger information systems
5. Strong organizational, administration, and leadership skills
6. Knowledge and ability to apply concepts of financial analysis including ROA, ROIC, Cost of Capital, Free Cash Flows and other concepts as required.
7. Understanding and ability to apply concepts of strategic planning.
8. Must be able to work under intense conditions including demanding timelines, multiple supervisors and levels of precision in work.
Specific vision abilities with this job require close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Must be able to stand and walk 10% of time.
Must be able to bend, twist, and stoop 5% of time.
Must be able to push, pull, and/or lift, exerting up to 5 pounds of force, 10% of time.
Must be able to sit 80% of time.
Must be able to reach with hands and arms; and/or use hands 100% of time.
The employee is required to exert up to 5 pounds of force occasionally.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly exposed to an office environment with controlled conditions.
This job may train and coordinate multifunctional activities.
This job will require the individual to work in an office environment, typically M-F with some work to be performed on weekends.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Watco, Inc. - 9 months ago