Job Title: Financial Analyst - Research Op
Job ID: 32826
Business Unit: SOMED
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent in related field, no experience required.
To provide assistance in matters of basic financial activities such as analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, business planning, benchmarking, and other related duties with a limited functional or organizational scope.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Prepares and processes cost transfers/journal entries and budget amendments/entries
- Approves Departmental Budget Requests (DBRs) and other documents as required
- Assists departments in preparing prior approval requests for budget carry-forwards, no cost extensions, re-budget amendments and other requests
- Reviews terms and conditions of awards
- Monitors assigned sponsored program accounts on expenditures, encumbrances, budgets, deficits, etc. to ensure compliance with specific rules, regulations and/or conditions
- Assists in account reconciliation and research related to project accounts in order to facilitate financial reporting, billing, and close out of awards
- Prepares, reviews and enters project attributes in grants management systems
- Participates in departmental meetings and committees as required
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, preferably in Accounting.
1-2 years of Debits/Credits knowledge.
Account reconciliation experience.
Journal entries experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job