REPUBLIC FINANCIAL CORPORATION
JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Special Assets
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Special Assets
SUMMARY: The financial analyst position will support the Special Assets Originations team in the identification, analysis, and presentation of potential Special Assets investments. Facilitate the generation and evaluation of investment opportunities that meet RFC goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Transaction / Deal Specific Research / Analysis: Financial and industry analysis and research on perspective Special Assets investments. This will include analysis of: capital structure, collateral values, loan documents, leverage ratios, cash flow statements and operating performance. Also included will be the creation of detailed pro forma financial models.
New Business: Facilitate the closing of at least $15MM of PV15 by facilitating the underwriting and due diligence process.
Private Company Specific Research / Analysis: Development and maintenance of databases for Special Assets Originations team. These databases will be used to create a pool of potential target investments via searching publications and other industry materials to derive a database of distressed private companies. Creative research on these private companies for information on the current situation, debt holders, industry, positioning in marketplace, and amount of debt held to determine potential areas of opportunity.
Proactive Research / Analysis: Outside proactive research for potential deal pipeline. The analyst will be involved in proactively researching for these on his/her own to create a list of distressed private companies with detailed analysis of their current situation. The analyst will then present these to the Originations team.
Build Relationships: Develop/cultivate relationships with deal sources in conjunction with Originators.
Improve Review Process: Constantly improving the process in which deals are qualified, underwritten and closed.
Due Diligence on potential investments.
Tracking financial conditions of financial institutions through FDIC, analyst reports, and public filings.
Special Projects assigned by the President of Special Assets and/or Originators.
Perform initial analysis for indicative bids; including review of appraisals, market comparison information and liquidity analysis.
- BA/BS with emphasis in finance, accounting, economics or related degree
- 1-3 years experience in a financial analysis or accounting analysis role
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: Financial Services
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Esate
- Knowledge of Baseline Loan Agreements
- Strong experience in a wide variety of analytical research (quantitative, qualitative, company, industry, competitive, etc.)
- Individual must possess proven analytical and spreadsheet abilities
- Must have excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- MS Excel: advanced level - understanding of pivot tables, v look ups, macros
- Preferred: Bloomberg, Lexis Nexis, Capital IQ and Salesforce.com