Financial Analyst - Treasury
Job ID #: 85006
Location: NY-New York
Functional Area: Finance
Company: 10001 - American International Group, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
The AIG Global Treasury / Capital Markets group is seeking a Financial Analyst.
This role requires strong leadership, problem solving, and influencing skills in order to effectively handle these responsibilities:
• Develop comprehensive financial analyses of business unit and corporate liquidity management, working closely with AIG’s senior management.
• Prepare liquidity forecast scenarios and validate underlying assumptions, providing sensitivity analysis to identify liquidity risks or concerns.
• Execute corporate projects of a strategic and financial nature, work closely with business unit management and other members of the corporate team (Finance, Controllers, Treasury, Tax, Accounting Policy, Risk Management, Investor Relations, and Legal).
• Conduct ad hoc analyses and craft presentations for AIG’s senior management, Board of Directors, and shareholders.
• Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights.
• Partner with leadership of several business units across AIG to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts towards AIG liquidity planning and capital management.
• Interact with regulators.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative or business related discipline.
• 2-3 years experience working in a similar finance function.
• Able to multitask and work well under pressure, maintain strong attention to detail and prioritize work within tight deadlines.
• Corporate Finance, financial modeling, business valuation, and accounting skill needed.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Self starter, quick learner, and flexible team player.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, a high level of intellectual curiosity.
• Demonstrate professionalism in handle confidential and sensitive information.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig