Job Title: Financial Analyst II - Finance Reporting
Job ID: 31564
Business Unit: FINCE
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent in related field and three years related experience.
To provide assistance in matters of financial activities such as debt administration, issuance and analysis, budget, contract compliance, financial reports, and other business management services with an intermediate functional or organizational scope.
From $46,127.00 To $55,000.00 Annually
This position is a pay grade 24 in the STF Salary Admin Plan.
Specific Job Related Duties
-- Analyzes data for errors, misstatements, reclassifications and significant adjustments, in
accordance with GAAP, with little supervision. Communicates findings with solutions and
-- Analyzes data and prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for the
Hospitals and Clinics
- Analyzes and prepares various financial reports for both internal use and as required for external agencies. Produces reports that are complete, accurate, reliable and timely. Explains variances. Takes the initiative to improve or create new reports to enhance existing distributed reports.
- Examines historical and projected financial data to provide senior management with valuable data upon which to make relevant financial decisions.
- Works on special projects requested by upper management in a timely manner as it relates to the goals set by Finance.
- Is knowledgeable of upgrades and enhancements to Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Allscripts Sunrise EPSi, the Microsoft products and other software used in reporting financial data. Examples include ad hoc reporting, worksheets, journal entries, and maintaining databases utilized.
- Improves the efficiency of job duties and procedures.
- Exemplifies decision making, good communication skills and teamwork.
- Adheres to Institutional and departmental internal controls.
- Performs related duties as required.
-- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
Preferred Work Experience
-- Analysis and preparation of Hospitals and Clinics journal entries, financial and statistical
reports, and variances.
-- Heavy analytical and Excel experience. PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Allscripts Sunrise EPSi
experience a plus.
-- Excellent team player and offers suggestions for improvements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job