The Financial Analyst II - Treasury Financial Reporting will perform analysis of moderate to complex financial information. The team member will assist with the preparation of annual Form 10-K and quarterly SEC reports Form 10-Qs, internally prepared monthly and quarterly financial statements, and prepare the quarterly internal reporting packages.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly SEC reports including the Form 10-K, and Form 10-Qs.
- Prepare internal financial statements - monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Prepare quarterly internal reporting packages.
- Prepare annual report filings for various states.
- Prepare schedules for compliance reporting for various debt covenants on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Prepare, update, or review various items as needed for Investor Relations.
- Update worksheets used in the analysis of fluctuations of balance sheet and income statement items on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for various items monthly and quarterly.
- Assist during quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Act as a mentor to junior analysts to aid in their development.
- Perform various other tasks as requested or as needed.
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
Direct Reports: None
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as knowledge of the preparation of a complete set of financial statements, including shareholders' equity and cash flows.
- Working knowledge of Oracle accounting software, Discoverer and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills required to analyze financial statements and provide explanations for fluctuations.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2+ years in a Financial Analysis role preferred.
- BBA/BS in Accounting required.
- Experience preparing financial statements.
- Experience in preparation of SEC reports a plus.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
Normal office environment. Must be deadline and detail oriented. Some overtime may be required.
GM Financial - 10 months ago