The Financial Analyst II - Treasury Financial Reporting will perform analysis of moderate to complex financial information. The team member will assist with the preparation of annual Form 10-K and quarterly SEC reports Form 10-Qs, internally prepared monthly and quarterly financial statements, and prepare the quarterly internal reporting packages.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly SEC reports including the Form 10-K, and Form 10-Qs.
- Prepare internal financial statements - monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Prepare quarterly internal reporting packages.
- Prepare annual report filings for various states.
- Prepare schedules for compliance reporting for various debt covenants on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Prepare, update, or review various items as needed for Investor Relations.
- Update worksheets used in the analysis of fluctuations of balance sheet and income statement items on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for various items monthly and quarterly.
- Assist during quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Act as a mentor to junior analysts to aid in their development.
- Perform various other tasks as requested or as needed.
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
Direct Reports: None
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as knowledge of the preparation of a complete set of financial statements, including shareholders' equity and cash flows.
- Working knowledge of Oracle accounting software, Discoverer and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills required to analyze financial statements and provide explanations for fluctuations.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2+ years in a Financial Analysis role preferred.
- BBA/BS in Accounting required.
- Experience preparing financial statements.
- Experience in preparation of SEC reports a plus.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
Normal office environment. Must be deadline and detail oriented. Some overtime may be required.
GM Financial is the captive finance company and the wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The...