Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to produce the Single Family credit loss forecast, prepare What-If scenarios, and provide variance analysis in order to explain loan charge-offs and credit losses and the key drivers of that activity as compared to the annual plan and monthly forecasts.
- Serve as team lead to liaison with the Modeling Review & Oversight team and coordinate the Monitoring Performance Tracking (MPT) process for the credit loss forecast with Credit Finance team analysts; responsible for measuring and analyzing the MPT results and communication of those results to the downstream business customers; providing recommendations for improvements to the credit loss forecast application for measures that do not meet the required threshold levels.
- Serve as team lead for new forecast system releases involving definition of business processes or development of technical/business specifications; serve as subject matter expert for researching and resolving issues raised by the development team, as well as, conduct user acceptance testing to validate requirements are implemented as required.
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or lead month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, to identify or track trends. Consolidate work done by other analysts into final report.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users in the business unit. Coordinate development of data files, testing and validation in the acceptance phase, and migration of data requirements to production phase of the application life-cycle.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- 4-6 or more years of progressive experience in financial analysis and accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of financial & cost accounting, financial analysis, solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts, the principles of economics and statistics, and financial institution balance sheet and profit & loss analysis techniques.
- A solid understanding of regulatory issues related to GAAP as they relate to the banking industry.
- The proven ability to exercise sound judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- The demonstrated ability to develop solutions to complex and diverse analytical problems which require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Strong data analysis skills including understanding of database tables and relationships; familiarity with mortgage loan data desired.
- Proficiency required in MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Knowledge of database query packages such as SAS Enterprise Guide/Business Objects or SAP Business Warehouse to extract data for analysis; knowledge of SAS programming highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills with ability to work under tight deadlines; must be flexible to handle multiple projects and take initiative to complete required work, working overtime as needed.
- Very good interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- 3 or more years of experience in the banking/financial services industry preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 22 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...