Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Lead or consult on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to track trends. May consolidate work done by other analysts into final tables or report.
- Develop/prepare/continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit, product line, client group or market segment. Report monthly actual performance against forecast and develop analysis for variances.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users within the company, including the data validation. Coordinate the development of data files, the validation in the acceptance phase, and the migration of the data requirements to the production.
- Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical project; provide guidance to less senior analysts; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Accounting, or Finance
- MBA, Master's or Other Advanced Degree preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4-6 years or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience within a related industry (financial services)
- Experience working with databases and large datasets.
- Strong expertise in Excel and PowerPoint; as well as functional experience with SQL, SAS, Access and Hyperion
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to interpret financial reports
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 21 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...