Summary: Provides the CFO with assistance in generating and analyzing financial reports for the organization.
“To embody the Credit Union’s core values of Professionalism, Integrity and Engagement.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops standardized and customized financial reporting for dissemination to credit union management and Board of Directors.
- Coordinates key projects for the organization such as the annual budget development and variance review process, ALM Balance Sheet simulations, Investment reporting, Liquidity monitoring, ALCO reporting, and Branch Accounting analysis.
- Conducts assigned financial studies, projects, and surveys to collect, analyze, and summarize, financial information and impact.
- Provides specialized technical analysis to assess present and future financial performance.
- Responsible for the accurate, thorough, and professional written and verbal communication of the organization's financial performance.
- The ability to document investment sale/purchase activity, annual reviews of investments and financial spread analysis for annual member business loan reviews to monitor the credit unions risk standing and meet regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Accounting Department with month end closing procedures.
- Support credit union goals and objectives and actively participate in training sessions and special promotions.
- Stay informed on credit union products, services, procedures, new developments, and knowledge of the competition and their products.
- Work to increase knowledge in Finance and Accounting, technical skills, and professional development through available resources.
- Organize time and resources to meet deadlines and accomplish all work assignments.
- Demonstrates proficiency and ability of core competencies as required of the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Financial Industry experience preferred.
Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel (including knowledge of pivot tables), Outlook. C. Myers Balance Sheet Simulation software, C. Myers Budget Model, E-folio investment reporting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Primarily in-door office work with quiet to moderate noise level.
· Occasional work outside the office.
· Travel requirements: occasional out-of-town and overnight travel required.
· Special schedules: occasional evenings and weekend schedules required.