MakerBot is looking for an experienced Financial Analyst to join our accounting team. Are you an expert in finance and analytics and have a working knowledge of ERP systems, then read on!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide management with financial and analytical expertise needed to maximize revenue growth and business profitability.
- Prepare and analyze daily and monthly reporting, quantifying trends and variances to plan.
- Prepare clear, metric-based, financial plans/forecasts including monthly projections, annual budgets, long range plans, and related updates.
- Provide financial guidance and work hand in hand with business managers throughout the planning process, providing direction for determining growth opportunities, and monitoring changes to meet overall corporate objectives.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for distribution to the Board and Senior Management, which analyzes and recaps the Company's monthly operating performance.
- Assist in the accounting close process to ensure that financial statements are accurate and complete in all aspects.
- Provide support for various audits, examinations, debt compliance requirements and other special projects as needed.
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive accounting and/or financial analysis experience with thorough understanding of GAAP
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience. MBA or CPA desired
- Superior ability to work independently and deal effectively with complex projects entailing frequent interaction with senior executives.
- Exceptional analytical acumen and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, Crystal Reports and Business Intelligence tools
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (ie. Sage X3, SAP, Oracle)
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Manufacturing and distribution experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
Makerbot Industries - 17 months ago
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...