- Prepare grant/contract budgets and review all financial data
presented in grant, contract proposals and/or budgets for per-diem programs as
required in the core unit.
- Deliver monthly expense reports, variance analysis and
reconciliations to the general ledger demonstrating flawless attention to
detail and ability to consistently generate a high quality work product.
Provide explanations and recommendations for
variances from budget and discuss with program personnel to ensure their
knowledge and understanding.
- Review transactions for compliance with applicable grant and
contract terms as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the programs overseen in
the unit including regulations and reporting requirements to funders.
Develop an understanding of all rate
methodologies or key components which must be analyzed (i.e. days of care,
- Provide technical and analytical support for the preparation
of the organization’s annual operating budget including providing technical
training to Program.
- Assure that billing, collection, and revenue numbers are
appropriate within the programs overseen in the core unit.
Support monthly vouchering, month end close
activities, and assist in managing all administrative aspects of programmatic
restricted grants including the expense recognition in accordance with
- Utilize fiscal analysis to make recommendations to Associate
Fiscal Director/Fiscal Director
- Attend meetings as required.
- Work to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of
the Core Unit and prepare new reports and analysis as required to help program
personnel understand their operations.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Degree in Accounting required along with 6-8 years of experience in a similar
function for a complex organization such as SCO.
Excel skills mandatory for this role.
Must be a power user with ability to use advanced macros, pivot tables,
knowledge of accounting principles along with strong analytical and strategic
skills which will be used to identify financial, operational and process
communication and interpersonal skills and motivated self-starter who
appreciates challenge and takes ownership of all assigned
- Ability to
work in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Ability to
work effectively in a team.
- Requires strong analytical skills and the ability to
identify financial, operational and process improvement opportunities.
Must be an Excel power user with advanced
spreadsheet skills and the ability to manipulate large volumes of data.
Must demonstrate the ability to use the
Serenic system to maximum capability for all assigned responsibilities. This
level supports all the processes of the Associate Fiscal Director while still
maintaining responsibilities assigned at this level.