Prepare business/cost materials for new funding opportunities and/or modifications to existing grants and contracts:
Provide post-award financial management for a diverse portfolio of projects:
- Review requests for quotes to understand requirements for business proposal.
- Coordinate with designated program staff to establish requirements and critical dates leading to submission of proposal.
- Develop budget, utilizing complex Excel spreadsheets and extracting data from several financial systems.
- Create final external displays.
- Draft business narrative.
- Coordinate/review subcontractor budgets for inclusion in proposals/modifications.
- Interpret provisions in grant/contract documents relating to payment terms, billing, limitations on cost, and requirements for budget modifications and extensions.
- Prepare monthly bills and financial reports.
- Complete monthly distribution of expenses to various funding streams in multi-funded projects.
- Coordinate with project staff to monitor need for budget modifications and/or extensions.
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Master’s degree and 1-2 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience. Experience with federal grants and contracting process highly desirable.
- Significant coursework in accounting and familiarity with nonprofit accounting.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required. Experience with automated accounting and budgeting systems preferred (e.g., Deltek Costpoint, Cognos for report writing, and KCI Control for budgeting).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities. Must be willing to work occasional nights/weekends to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels across the corporation.
As an Equal Opportunity Employee, MDRC strongly encourages minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Legal work authorization required.