Performs basic functions such as accepting deposits, paying out funds, processing savings bonds, and issuance of cashier checks and other branch activities. Provides excellent customer service. Requires six (6) to twelve (12) months to learn all aspects of the position. |
a. Receives and handles deposits of all types, ensuring the proper endorsements on negotiable instruments within these deposits.
b. Adheres at all times to the check cashing policy and limitation of authority policy.
c. Issues bank money orders, travelers checks, Savings Bonds, and cashier checks.
d. Balances teller cash and transactions each day and reports daily balance and activity through admission of teller daily balance envelop.
e. Submits work to Items Processing Department in a neat and orderly manner and adheres to Items Processing requirements.
2. Customer Service
a. Continuously demonstrates impeccable customer service through the use of the FCB Way, the Mission Statement, and the Employee Pledge.
b. Knows the Banks products and services thoroughly.
c. Looks for opportunities to sell Bank products and services.
3. Incentive Compensation
a. Sells and/or refers Banks products and services to customers and prospects.
b. Participates with manager in the allocation of retail sales incentive compensation goals and the achievement of individual incentive compensation goals.
a. Maintains proper amounts of currency and coin in teller station.
b. Understands role in case of robbery, whether victim or by stander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
c. Maintains neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiables and confidential records are properly secured.
1. Self development: pursues additional education to improve knowledge as it relates to the position, compliance, and the Bank in general. Acceptable sources of continuing training and education are seminars, Industry conferences, approved e-learning courses, in-house programs, or selected vendor programs.
2. Customer confidentially: never reveal or divulge customer information to anyone outside the Bank.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Ability to operate standard office machines, including coin sorter, coin wrapper, currency counter and teller machine.
2. Ability to answer telephones and greet the public in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
3. Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
4. Must have professionalism in dealing with customers, managers and coworkers.
5. Position also demands a person with an outgoing and pleasant personality with an above average knowledge of fundamental arithmetic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
1. Must have the ability to carry heavy bags of coin.
2. Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
3. Must have the ability to maintain composure under pressure.