The Financial Associate/Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing accurate consolidated financial reports and analyzing financial information for business projects.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Ensure maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closing for multiple entities.
- Record journal entries and perform required reconciliations as part of the close process.
· Assist in the preparation of required footnote disclosures for the quarterly and annual filings.
· Prepare quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and P&L fluctuation analysis.
· Maintain bank accounts, review bank statements and research and reconcile all discrepancies.
· Prepare supporting documents for audits and coordinate the audit process.
· Utilize financial databases and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
· Interface with management in various departments, including tax, financial reporting, IT and management reporting.
· Provide support for tax, management reporting and financial
reporting including footnote support as needed during the close cycle
· Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
· Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA is a plus
- 3-5 years combined experience in Big Four accounting and financial services firms.
- Experience in consolidation procedures preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Stress tolerance
- Team player
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and...