Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
At WinnCompanies, we're committed to creating a respectful, safe and fulfilling workplace that provides the opportunity for self-improvement and career development. We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence. Ours is an environment where employees, together with their families, can prosper and grow.
Financial Controller – North Haven Communities LLC
Job Summary: Oversight of project accounting functions through supervision of staff and hands on involvement of cash management and financial reporting.
- Direct and supervise all accounting support functions.
- Oversees all accounting functions.
- Oversees and coordinate annual property management budget process.
- Directs the implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures accounting policies and best practices are followed by all departments.
- Interacts with all Project Company stakeholders as required including the Defense Partner representatives, Bond Holder Representative, Indenture Trustee, Lend Lease and WinnResidential.
- Ensures Project Company is in compliance with all requirements of the operating documents for all financial related matters.
- Responsible for the oversight of periodic inventory of maintenance warehouse(s), vehicles and other inventory storage locations.
- Interviews, supervises and evaluates all accounting personnel.
- Perform special projects as needed or requested by senior staff.
Anticipated Work Schedule : Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:30
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four year college or university.
- CPA required.
- Seven plus years hands-on and progressively responsible related experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of financial software applications, spreadsheets and word processing required. Proficiency in Excel required.
- Yardi knowledge desirable.
Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
Learn more about us
WinnResidential - 20 months ago