Share our pride. Join our mission.
USAA is currently seeking talented Financial Foundations |
Associate - Auto Insurance
for our December 2, 2013 training class in our Tampa, FL location.
As a Financial Foundations Associate - Auto Insurance for USAA, you will provide member service and/or facilitate product acquisition through various channels (e.g. phone, e-mail, fax). Gather information and close on product sales demonstrating intermediate skills and knowledge of USAA products and benefits. Identify member events to provide solutions on products and close on product sales that meet the member's needs and facilitate the member's financial security. Empathize with members and provide offers & solutions to make it easy for members to acquire a USAA product.
- Acquires and demonstrates proficiency in applying intermediate knowledge of products, services, and processes.
- Acquires and demonstrates proficiency in applying intermediate product acquisition and/or member service techniques.
- Acquires and demonstrates proficiency in applying intermediate referral skills and relationship building with members by understanding life events and learning the multi-company product opportunities.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Specific product knowledge includes Auto Issue, Renters, and Valuable Personal Property.
- Schedule for training is Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
- Training is approximately 14 weeks. Training includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Basic, Pipeline training and a period which includes taking member calls.
- Following completion of the Licensing training, you will be required to take the licensing exam to obtain your license. You must obtain your license within 3 testing attempts (paid for by USAA).
- Assessments will be required to evaluate performance beginning with the Basic course and continuing through the Pipeline training program.
- Employees must successfully complete all components of training in order meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance, and conduct to continue employment with USAA.
- Availability to work 40 hrs Monday - Saturday to include a permanent Saturday schedule between 7:30am-6:00pm, approximately four months from hire. A permanent day off when working Saturday will be Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday based on business need.
- A 30 percent Shift Premium pay would apply to work hours scheduled after 6pm, M-F & Saturdays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of customer contact experience in a sales, military, or call center environment to include a minimum of 1 year frequent (e.g. daily communication with customers via telephone, e-mail and/or face-to-face or Bachelor's degree.
- 1+ years experience multi-tasking in a Windows operating system environment.
- 1+ years experience frequently communicating (minimum 60 percent of the time) with customers by phone, e-mail and/or face to face.
- Current Agent's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- 2 years of customer service experience in a relationship building environment.
- Contact/Call Center experience.
- Experience cross selling or up-selling products.
- 1 years experience working in a problem resolution/analytical environment.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
7:30am - 6:00pm
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...