The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: Financial Investigator, Scheduler
Budget Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant
State Professional Position
State Line#: 13083
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Associate degree plus two years experience in a medical administrative setting or five years experience in a related medical administrative setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Admitting/Registration experience. Familiarity using the following systems: SMS/UHIS, IDX-CPMP, Cerner Power Chart/First Net, IDX-RAD. Experience using the following: Insurance websites, Financial Investigation.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Financial Investigation-when assigned financially investigate patients prior to scheduled appointments.
- Scheduling-when assigned responsible for scheduling inpatient and ambulatory reservations.
- Primary resposibility for obtaining pre-authorizations and referrals for assigned service(s) from managed care/insurance companies.
- Reviews charts, assesses appropriate documentation present.
- Work with physician(s) and clinical staff to obtain complete authorization for services as well as ancillary service departments within SBUH.
- Pre-registration-when assigned interview patient efficiently for currently and/or future appointments.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time day 930am-6pm (Sat/Sun pass days). Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete preemployment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 13 months ago