Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and evaluate the operation of the Eastern Audit Unit in accordance with state and federal regulations, and under the guidelines of generally accepted principles of auditing. Develop, implement, maintain, and administer applicable policies, procedures, legal interpretations, internal control methods and automated and manual auditing systems to facilitate the comprehensive auditing of all the employing entities in the eastern geographical area of the state. Direct and supervise Entry through Advanced levels of auditors as well as many support positions. Review and process completed audit assignments from auditors and issue initial determinations of the audit findings. Respond to employer inquiries regarding audit determinations. Confer with employers, employer attorneys and accountants, and other UI staff to resolve employer problems and complaints. Prepare a variety of reports and analyses. Make public presentations to employers and others on UI law. Prepare various types of correspondence. Develop and maintain positive working relationships.
Special Notes :
Because of the nature of the position, a background check will be conducted on final candidates prior to selection for the position.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- management and supervisory principles, methods and practices.
- the operation and use of laptop and personal computers and the ability to use Microsoft Windows XP, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- various automated computer financial systems and software packages.
- effective written communication techniques.
- evidence gathering techniques and principles.
- effective oral communication techniques.
- public presentation techniques.
- problem solving techniques.
- leadership and coaching.
- dealing with people, both in person and by phone.
- training staff and in the development of training materials.
Starting salary is between $53,793 and $88,758 per year depending on qualifications and experience, plus benefits. (For current state employees, this classification is in pay range/schedule 81-02. Pay upon transfer or reinstatement is based on the compensation rules applicable to the transaction.) A two-year career executive trial period is required.
- recognize, understand and interpret novel methods of remuneration for services performed and unusual organization of business entities.
Find out what over 40,000 dedicated employees have already discovered - interesting jobs, excellent benefits, and many advancement...