Orange County, CA
Significant and Meaningful Career Opportunity!
About our Firm
Founded in 1979 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Ronald Blue & Co., LLC is one of the largest independent fee-only wealth management firms in the United States. We employ approximately 275 staff members, manage over $7 billion in investment assets, and serve more than 6,000 clients in almost all 50 states. (12/31/12). Our company exists to provide wisdom for wealth, based on biblical principles, so we can help our clients experience financial peace of mind and focus on what matters most in life. Through a network of 14 branch offices and four distinct divisions, the company provides financial services to clients across the wealth spectrum in these key areas.
• Comprehensive, fee-only financial & estate planning
• Tax preparation & business consulting
• Investment analysis & management
• Retirement Plan Services
• Philanthropic counsel & strategies for charitable giving
• Wealth Transfer Planning
We are currently seeking a Financial Planner in our Orange County, CA branch office, who is able to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers, analyze confidential client financial information, and integrate biblical principles into customized financial plans to help clients achieve their goals. The financial planner position covers a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
Desired Qualities and Skills
- Facilitating client meetings, record meeting notes, follow up regarding meetings and respond to client and outside advisor inquires.
- Performs investment management tasks such as trading, tax loss harvesting, rebalancing, account review and generating Quarterly Investment Reports
- Assists with tax planning to estimate tax withholding settings or quarterly tax payments, plan for cash, securities or other property gifting opportunities; bonus payments, and stock option planning
- Actively works to increase knowledge of biblical financial principles and scripture memory verses to deliver client service the RB&Co way, enhancing the client experience.
- Develops high quality, accurate, attractive, and professional reports and presentations that integrate a biblical worldview into financial recommendations.
- Exhibits technical knowledge and competency in education funding, debt management, income tax estimation and minimization, charitable giving, cash flow; and retirement, insurance, and estate planning.
- Demonstrates computer literacy and knowledge of specialized office programs and demonstrates competency in utilizing software applications.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to financial services, and a minimum of three (3) years' prior financial planning and/or financial service experience. The ideal candidate will have obtained or be in the process of earning either the Certified Financial Planner®, ChFC, or Certified Public Accountant designation. However, consideration will also be given to recent college graduates who have a degree in finance and meet the desired qualities and skills.
- Desire to serve clients and co-workers with excellence
- Aptitude and passion for learning
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Proactive planning and responsiveness to urgent needs
- Capability to excel in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate and appropriately express a clear understanding of biblical principles as they relate to the needs of the client.
- Strong organization skills and systems acumen
- Solid understanding of investment markets and products
- Strong business mathematical skills and keen attention to detail
- Personal integrity and ability to discreetly handle confidential data
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a high level of expertise in MS Excel
This position is located at our Orange County office which is located at:
1551 North Tustin Ave., Suite 1000, Santa Ana, CA 92705
How to Apply
Please visit www.ronblue.com/careers to submit your resume and cover letter. Prior to applying for this position, please visit www.ronblue.com and review it thoroughly. Should you decide to apply after prayerful consideration, make sure to include a cover letter which includes your answers to all of the requested questions. Once you have applied for this position, please add ronblue.com to your email's spam filter 'white' list or 'safe senders' list. This setting is often found in your email account under Mail / Options. This will ensure that any correspondence from us will be received by your email in-box.
Ronald Blue & Co.
- 2 years ago - save job
Founded in 1979, Ronald Blue & Co. is one of the largest independent fee-only wealth management firms in the United States with more...