First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
As an integral member of the Finance team, the Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst will provide budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis to First Wind executive management and key stakeholders.
This position reports to the Sr Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis.
· Assist in developing the annual operating plan, and provide analytics to measure the Company’s performance against that plan
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and analysis for First Wind management, the First Wind Board and key stakeholders
· Coordinate with commercial, project and corporate stakeholders to assemble and efficiently communicate relevant operations performance data and analysis
· Help manage applicable financial systems and tools (e.g., Hyperion, Essbase), and identify efficiencies and/or improvements where appropriate
· Participate in a robust forecasting process; identify key business risks and opportunities and improve forecasting accuracy where applicable
· Provide third-party customers with financial and/or business planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis
· Work closely with the Accounting group to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements
· Actively manage the corporate allocation policy and ensure (i) costs are incurred at the correct department, entity, etc. (ii) cash is fully recovered where appropriate and (iii) allocation reporting is clear, concise and meaningful
· Provide business analysis and ad-hoc financial modeling
· 1 - 3 years of experience in a financial/business analysis capacity
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics Engineering or a related field
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills; experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and management reporting.
· Financial Systems experience (e.g., Great Plains and Hyperion Essbase / Planning) is preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels
· Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
· Comfortable in an environment of high growth with changing priorities, and competing demands for time
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work extended hours as required
As an EOE/AA employer, First Wind Energy, LLC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
First Wind - 6 months ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...